My work scope covers advisory and consulting in organisational capacity development, design innovation, and new, appropriate technology, in human learning processes. This predicates growing the learning organisation. I have worked for over 28 years in strategy, research and design for education, training and capacity development across media, subjects and sectors.
- Core competencies – design of strategy, pedagogy, curriculum and technology enabled learning. Organisational learning strategy and development
- Extensive experience with top international agencies, bi-lateral agencies, global private industry, non-government organisations (NGOs) and policy think tanks.
- Design and research for education, training and capacity development across subject matter domains. Deep experience in children’s education in India and public governance in Asia.
- Pioneering work in instructional design and media design. This began with corporate training solutions in the USA (1988). Further developed in India with the path breaking design of India’s 1stinteractive multimedia education project in water and land management training (1990) funded by USAID.
- Focus on holistic and innovative learning solutions, informed by research, attending to uncharted learning needs. Learning solutions that integrate a variety of media and rapidly evolving technological scenarios. Design that focuses on task based, collaborative and active learning in multiple modes, ranging from classroom to self-learning.
- E learning strategy, processes and products across a range of audiences viz. adults and school children, rural and urban, social and industry. Notably, research and conceptualization for the globally recognized ‘Hole-In-The-Wall’ Design and development of some of the first online learning platforms in India viz. LMS’, KMS’ and virtual classroom. Design and development of the first pilot products in learning content for children’s education and web based corporate learning in India.
- Internationally published and cited research in pedagogies for technology enhanced learning.
- Invited member of international review panels and peer reviewed journals.
- ‘Hole-In-The-Wall’ project work covered extensively globally.
- Certified Myers-Briggs Type Indicator® (MBTI®) Practitioner
- For publications see Research & Publications
® The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator and MBTI are registered trademarks of the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator Trust in the US and other countries
Centre Pompidou, Paris, 2005 – The rural Digital Art Project selected and showcased for 3 months at the prestigious innovation in design exhibition – ‘D Day Design Aujourd’hui’ – See link The Art Project
WORKSHOPS, CONFERENCES, LECTURES
Including but not limited to –
- Including but not limited to –
- World Bank and the Government of Karnataka
- United Nations Development Programme, India & Asia-Pacific.
- United Nations Development Programme, East Timor
- Center for Policy Research, India
- Swiss Agency for International Development, India
- Kudumbashree Mission, Kerala, India
- Sri Aurobindo Society, India
- International Kaleidoscope Symposium, Europe
- Intel “Innovation in Education”, South Africa
- Institution of Engineers India
- University Joseph Fourier, France
- IT for Change, India
- Kutch Abhiyaan, India
- T4E (Technology for Education) IIT-Powai, India
- International Usability Professionals Association, India
- The French Embassy in India
- Rotary International, India
- Seagull Publishers, India
- ACM SIGCHI, India
- Comet Media Foundation, India
- Education Development Center, USA
- Industrial Design Center IIT, India
- Underscore Records (Shubha Mudgal, Aneesh Pradhan), India
- NIIT University, India
- Symbiosis Center of Information Technology, India
- PUKAR Partners for Urban Knowledge Action and Research, India
- ‘Towards Holistic Panchayat Raj’, Twentieth Anniversary Report of the Expert Committee on Leveraging Panchayats For Efficient Delivery of Public Goods and Services. Government of India Report 2014.
- ‘Imagining India’ by Nandan Nilekani
- ‘The Beautiful Tree’ by James Tooley
- Annual Report of the French Embassy in India (2004-2005)
- ‘Impressions’ journal of the Alliance Francaise de Mumbai
- ….and others
International press including:
Catalogue of the Centre Pompidou, France
The Times of India
The Hindustan Times
The Indian Express
… and others.