My work scope covers advisory and consulting in strategy and design for organisation development, talent growth, capacity building and human learning/training. I have worked for over 30 years in strategy, research and design for education, training and capacity building across media, subjects and sectors.
- Core competencies – Organisation learning, strategy and development. Strategy, pedagogy, curriculum design and technology enabled learning.
- Diverse client experience – with top international agencies, bi-lateral agencies, global private industry, non-government organisations (NGOs) and policy think tanks.
- Breadth in design and research – for education, training and capacity building across subject matter domains. Deep experience in children’s education and public governance. Wide ranging audiences for e-learning strategy, processes and products aimed at adults, children, rural, urban, social and industrial enterprises.
- Pioneering and innovative work – in instructional design and media design.
- This began with video based corporate training solutions in the USA (1988).
- Furthered with path breaking design in India’s multimedia education history, for the first interactive videodiscs in water and land management training supported by USAID and Ministry of Water Resources, India. (1990)
- With NIIT Ltd: Design and development of the first online learning platforms in India viz. LMS’, KMS’ and virtual classroom. Design and development of pilot products in learning content for children’s education and web based corporate learning in India. Notably, research and conceptualization for the globally recognized ‘Hole-In-The-Wall’ (late 1990s to early 2000s)
- Integrative learning solutions – across a variety of media and rapidly evolving technological scenarios. Design that focuses on task based, collaborative and active learning in multiple modes, ranging from classroom to self-learning.
- Internationally published and cited research in pedagogies for technology enhanced learning.
- Invited member of international review panels and peer reviewed journals.
- ‘Hole-In-The-Wall’ project work covered extensively by global media and academia.
- Certified MBTI® Practitioner (Myers-Briggs Type Indicator®)
- For publications see Research & Publications
® The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator and MBTI are registered trademarks of the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator Trust in the US and other countries
INTERNATIONAL DESIGN EXHIBITION – Centre Pompidou, Paris, 2005 –
The rural Digital Art Project conceived by Parimala Inamdar and developed in collaboration with outstanding French artist and pedagogue Pascal Monteil was jointly funded by the French Embassy in India and NIIT Ltd. We were honoured to be selected and showcased for 3 months at the prestigious design exhibition – ‘D Day Design Aujourd’hui’ – at the Centre Pompidou in 2005. The iconic Centre Pompidou , Paris, is the one of the foremost modern art museums in the world.
WORKSHOPS, CONFERENCES, LECTURES
Including but not limited to –
- World Bank and the Government of Karnataka
- United Nations Development Programme, India & Asia-Pacific.
- United Nations Development Programme, Timor Leste
- Center for Policy Research, India
- Swiss Agency for International Development, India
- Kudumbashree Mission, Kerala, India
- Sri Aurobindo Society, India
- International Kaleidoscope Symposium, Europe
- Intel “Innovation in Education”, South Africa
- Institution of Engineers India
- University Joseph Fourier, France
- IT for Change, India
- Kutch Abhiyaan, India
- T4E (Technology for Education) IIT-Powai, India
- International Usability Professionals Association, India
- The French Embassy in India
- Rotary International, India
- Seagull Publishers, India
- ACM SIGCHI, India
- Comet Media Foundation, India
- Education Development Center, USA
- Industrial Design Center IIT, India
- Underscore Records (Shubha Mudgal, Aneesh Pradhan), India
- NIIT University, India
- Symbiosis Center of Information Technology, India
- PUKAR Partners for Urban Knowledge Action and Research, India
- ‘Towards Holistic Panchayat Raj’, Twentieth Anniversary Report of the Expert Committee on Leveraging Panchayats For Efficient Delivery of Public Goods and Services. Government of India Report 2014.
- ‘Imagining India’ by Nandan Nilekani
- ‘The Beautiful Tree’ by James Tooley
- Annual Report of the French Embassy in India (2004-2005)
- ‘Impressions’ journal of the Alliance Francaise de Mumbai
- ….and academic citations
International press including:
Catalogue of the Centre Pompidou, France
The Times of India
The Hindustan Times
The Indian Express
… and others.